Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cooking School

Monday Will and I along with six others were picked up in a retro sky blue, VW bus and taken to A Lot of Thai Cooking School. It's owned by a couple. Yui is the chef and entrepreneur and Kwan is the driver and heavy lifter.


We started with Pad Thai then moved on to Green Curry and Tom Yum Gai (Hot and Sour soup with Chicken).













We took a break half way through and made a trip to the market. There are some amazing sights in the market. For example: Bee Larvae, Chicken Blood Patties,





heaps of fresh veggies and fruit.


































Here is a clip from that adventure.




After a refreshing Cafe Bun (Coffee Shake) we drove back to the Cookery School and made Spring Rolls, Cashew Nut Chicken Stir Fry and finished with dessert, Steamed Banana Cake. YUMMY!!
We have a cook book from the school if you want to borrow it. Or better yet, call me and we can make a date to cook together!

2 comments:

marie-gael said...

that cat in the video scared me for a second. lol

Unknown said...

Yummy, what I always wanted, a cat by the heeps of veges I am going to buy from, lol. Okay, I am over that cat. That was very cool how they had the veges already together for soup. I wonder: How much of those actually waste? Or do they really sell? Are they as waste full as we are in the US?