And that's as far as we got. Check out my bike and our neighbors gathered around.

Some things don't need translation, do they? If something is broken or possibly might be broken, you will find guys trying to fix it. Will and I both tried to get it to start (More Will than me. I was ready to quit trying fairly soon). The neighbors heard our attempts and joined in. Our neighbors really are great. They brought in a mechanic (who also tried and failed in starting the bike). And tools (to take the battery out of Will's bike and try on mine-good idea but the batteries are different so no go).
Finally everyone gave up and our neighbor went out to the main road and negotiated a Songthaew - (pronounced song-tow as in cow) A large pick-up truck used as a local bus service. Song means "two" and thaew means "row".The guys loaded the bike into the back of the Songthaew and we set off for town. We had to go to the bike shop today anyway to renew our rentals. I have a new bike now. It's pink! So now there is no way to miss seeing me flying by you at 95kph.

I wish there was a way we could communicate to our neighbors how much we appreciate all of the help they have been giving us. Does anyone have any good ideas? We would like to do something for them, but aren't sure what to do.
Since we missed the group we witnessed at a few coffee shops and chatted with a fellow American from the east coast. Isn't this a beautiful coffee shop?
( And yes I am eating fresh pineapple, drinking freshly squeezed Orange Juice
This area is part of the Thai Cooking School area we explored last time we were in Thailand.
2 comments:
That coffee shop is beautiful. Will you teach me cooking lessons if you take some more?j/k Love the new bike, too. Probably just as excited as you.... I love pink bikes....lol
Sure! It would be fun to cook together.
Post a Comment