Monday, December 14, 2009

Meeting stars and gypsys

So Sunday we went to KH. Will's talk went really well. Loads of exclamations and gasps when he crunched his nose. Then an explosion of laughter. NO ONE expects a person to do that.
The picture I took of him explaining how he did the nose trick didn't turn out well. Sorry.

Here is a better one of him in the parking lot.








Naturally we met interesting people. I mean how could you not? Half the group are Reg. Pio. Majority of them are Nd Grtrs from far and wide. A few of the names were funny to us. A Texan named Sayid who has been here for 2 months. Then a Japanese named Hiro. In real life it's not funny. But to us since our experience with those names is from TV, it was funny. After our late lunch/early dinner (meeting was at 1:30) we went to see some Sea Gypsys about a pearl. Our new Texas friend haggled with those poor gypsy's until I came away with a new pearl necklace, bracelet, ring and 6 PAIRS of earrings. I wish I had been able to record the haggling. I could barely contain my laughter. Will got off cheap for our anniversary this year. (We postponed celebrating until we could be here).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Live in Phuket! that's where we want to go, though we'll go anywhere of course ( :