Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Help me plan my beach vacation

Dear Friends,
The last few days have been very trying. I will post pictures of the before and after of the damage done.
In my original plan, I had these last three days set aside to double check packing and make any last minutes adjustments. That's definitely not happening! We've been meeting with the insurance adjuster, contractors and today the investigator.
So I have a favor to ask. While we are traveling to Bangkok, we will not have email or cell service. I REALLY NEED a vacation and need help deciding what to do. We will be in Bangkok with J until Tuesday. Then we will be flying south. Help me pick some good beaches in Phuket.
I'll set up a poll that you can vote on. If you find other cool things to do in Phuket (we are planning to kayak around James Bond Island) please email me.
Thank you very much and thanks for all of your help.
Love,
Nat

5 comments:

Jules said...

I've only been to one of the beaches on the poll and it's pretty amazing. Four years ago S and I stayed at Karon Beach and hiked across rocks along the beach to get to Kata Beach. It had some fantastic resorts. That's the thing, though, might be kinda pricey. But you ABSOLUTELY deserve it! (Why am I writing this, I should just tell you when you get here.)

Ben Schiller said...

I was SO BUMMED to hear about your place! I was kinda shocked at first, thinking I hadn't heard right. I got the major details from Guess yesterday. Just know that I'm thinking of you guys. I'm gonna look up those beaches and see which one looks the best.

Ben Schiller said...

The little I saw makes me vote for Kata Noi, because it sounds like the least developed. The description said that there was little to do except enjoy the scenery. That's what I want in a beach- no distractions and few people. Maybe that's the Alaskan in me talking, though...

Anonymous said...

Natalie,

I tried to post a comment the other day about the beaches and the system wouldn't let me. So I've created a google account and perhaps this one will post. This is a test post. If it works, I will retype the other beach post.

Athens Runner Girl said...

Picked Nai Yang for the following reason:

After driving through a field of rubber trees you will find the Nai Yang Beach resort, hidden in a secluded bay on the north west coast of Phuket. The surrounding area is under the conservation of the Nai Yang National Marine Park, making the area quiet, safe and clean. "